Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Like Birds Of a Feather

Are feathers a passing trend?  About a year ago I started creating feather earrings and hair clips, of course being the huge animal lover that I am, I only use cruelty-free feathers. 

Like the 70s and 80s feathers were popping up everywhere in 2010. They were flying off department store shelves, nesting in every magazine and flocking all the award shows.  Staying with the trend I hit the studio and began creating fancy feathers for all ages. 

Although I had so much fun going back in time creating these feathers of the future, this passing trend had my inventory as light as a feather.  I watched the sales go down and slowly stopped producing the blast from the past.  You can still find feathers on essentialsetc.net  but the way the trend is moving, I'm predicting in 2012 you won't be able to find feathers for another decade or so. I can't say I'm overly disappointed, this was not a trend I particularly flocked to. So I'll just say bye bye birdie! (For now)

No comments:

Post a Comment